Managing Config From GitHub
Time required: 5 minutes
You must have:
- Admin or owner rights of the workspace you want to use.
- Admin rights for your workspace GitHub repository available through a Matatika premium plan
Matatika can support a full DataOps lifecycle where all of your configuration is managed through your workspace GitHub repository. To deploy your configuration you can use our deployments API or configure a GitHub Webhook.
A deployment will update your workspace in the Matatika cloud with your version controlled configuration from your GitHub repository. Creating a stable change management and release process for your workspaces.
In this guide we will show you the steps to set up a GitHub Webhook where each push to your repository will trigger a deployment. To manually deploy your workspace, we recommend you use our postman collection or you can find our API documentation on deployments.
Creating the GitHub Web Hook
- Go to your workspace settings screen.
- Go to your Workspace’s repository on GitHub.
- Go to your GitHub repositories
Payload URLwill be
https://catalog.matatika.com/api/workspaces/<workspace_id>/deployments/github-webhookYou can get your
<workspace_id>by going to your workspace and finding the UUID in the URL.
- Set the Content Type to
- Your Secret is the Deployment Secret from your workspace settings page.
- Finally click the
Add webhookbutton at the bottom
Now whenever you push to your Workspace’s repository, any changes made will be deployed automatically to your workspace.