Setup a Data New Store
Time required: 5 minutes
- Own or have administrative access to a workspace
- Access to a database or other data storage medium supported by Matatika as a data store, such as PostgreSQL or Snowflake
By default, every workspace is backed by a PostgreSQL database managed by Matatika. This is set as the default data store for the workspace.
Changing the default data store of a workspace will change where data is loaded into by data imports and queried from by datasets.
Setup a new data store
Matatika supports connecting to a number of data stores, such as PostgreSQL and Snowflake.
- Within the Matatika app, switch to the workspace that you wish to set an alternate data store for.
- Navigate to the workspace ‘Data Stores’ page
- Click ‘Add’, on the next screen ‘Install’ your preferred data store and click ‘Add’
- Enter the relevant credentials and other properties for the selected data store
- Click ‘Save’ and then navigate back to the ‘Stores’ page
- Locate the data store you wish to set as default, click the ‘More’ context menu button, and then select ‘Make default’
- Once a data store is set the default for a workspace, it cannot be deleted until another data store is made the default
After completing these steps:
- All future created data imports will load data into the new default data store unless you choose another.
- All datasets will query from the new default data store
No data is transferred or deleted from the Matatika-managed PostgreSQL database, and it can be made the default data store again at any time.
Custom data stores
For custom data stores (i.e. those not provided by Matatika):
- Loading data via data import runs is supported
- Querying data via datasets is not supported
If a custom data store is set as the default for a workspace, data will be loaded into the data store as normal, but any datasets will be empty.